Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lamentations of a Brunette

Matthew 10:29-31

29Are not two sparrows sold for a pennya]">[a]? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

The Bible tells me that God knows the number of hairs on my head so I often wonder what He thinks when I stand in front of the mirror plucking out all the grays. I don't really have many all over my head, but having dark hair makes the ones I do have stick out like a sore thumb. The gray is mainly concentrated in one patch above my right eyebrow and at my temples. You know, the places that make a man look distinguished, but just make a woman look old. I don't feel old and I'm not ready to look old. I know the simple solution is to start coloring my hair, but that takes time and money. Both of which always seem to be in short supply. I haven't found the hidden blessing in this situation. I know I should be grateful that I have hair, but if I keep plucking out the grays I might risk that as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment