Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break 2010

The Zfam stayed home this Spring Break because we had hoped to be moving into our new home, but a cracked counter top delayed those plans. I tried to strike the right balance between relaxed hanging out at home and fun activities so that Abigail could return to school on Monday and not feel like the week was a total bust. Monday we met friends at Jump N Jive and the girls jumped and jived themselves silly. Tuesday, we stayed home and the girls stayed in their pajamas ALL DAY LONG. That's fun too sometimes. Wednesday, we went to the regualar Wednesday play date that Rebecca and I have been attending with other moms and kids from our church for the past few months. Rebecca usually spends most of the time sitting in my lap watching the other kids play, but I guess having her big sister there gave her just the confidence she needed to join in the fun. On Thursday, we made a trip to the library for books and videos. I was wondering what on earth I could come up with to do on Friday that would end the week with a bang, when I got a text from a sweet friend inviting us to come over to swim. PERFECT! We all had a lot of fun swimming in an indoor pool while it was cold and gray outside.

Between all the various activities, I tried to get as much done in preparation for our move as I could, but I'm afraid it wasn't nearly enough. Chris is taking next week off so hopefully together we get a whole lot done. And maybe, just maybe my next post will be done from our new address.

No comments:

Post a Comment